Monday, August 10, 2009

*A WHOLE 4 WEEKS*

Today is Delilahs 6mo check up and shots and it marks the 4th WEEK that she has gone without a single breathing episode!! NOT ONE!!! NADA!!! It just makes me so happy to know that I am doing something right! I got her off all food that i believe she has an allergy too which at this point includes: Milk Protein (so all dairy), Rice Flour and possibly Oats. She also is allergic to latex and we got a nifty strap for her apnea machine from a friend of mine in NY who has a daughter with similar issues/allergies. Her meds are working like a charm when i got the dosing right. Its amazing how a dr would prescribe her a medication but then not elaborate on how to give it for it to work. For example she is on Zantac and Previcid. Her dr knows this and didn't mention to me that they cannot be given together and have to be given 4 hrs apart and both have to be given on an empty stomach. If they are given together or on a full stomach they will not work and its like she is not on them at all. Once I found this out, on my own, i adjusted her med schedule and like magic they work :) I swear these past 6 months I have learned more about testing/medications/reflux/etc then I did the entire time I worked at the pediatric office! Ill post some pics and her stats after her appt today :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yahoo! You've done so much for Delilah! Good luck at the Doc--can't wait to see how the girlies compare!

Jennifer said...

Wow that is great news. And it must be a huge relieve for you. Good job on working to get her foods and meds right.

Deigh Lite Pictures said...

awww see sweetie, i told you it would all work out, and you one tough cookie, i would be a nut ball by now if i was in your shoes. :)