Sunday, August 16, 2009

*strange coupon addiction*

I have what I like to refer to as a strong passion for coupons. Scott thinks its more like a strange paper addiction. I refuse to shop without coupons and not just that, I refuse to shop and use a coupon on an item unless it is on sale. For example last week I had several coupons, $5 off a $20 purchase at Rite Aid, $2 off a jumbo pkg of Huggies at Rite Aid, $3 off jumbo pkg Huggies, $1 off clear eyes, $1 0ff scotch tape, $1.5o off scotch tape dispenser

$14.99 Huggies
$.99 Clear Eyes
$2.00 scotch tape 3pk
$2.49 scotch tape donut dispenser
total: $20.47

-$3 Huggies
-$2 Huggies
-$5 Rite Aid coupon
-$1 Clear eyes
-$1 tape
-$1.50 tape
-$2 Rite Aid rebate on huggies
-$2 Rite Aid rebate on scotch tape
total coupons/rebates: $17.50

TOTAL SPENT: $2.97!!!!! Can you believe it??!!! Scott always thinks I'm nuts but it works and we get most toiletries and some groceries for free!
Another example was the Kraft Deal at Albertsons: Buy $25 in Kraft items and get $5 coupon off your next purchase and $20 rebate by mail. I bought $25 in Kraft items and had $7.80 in coupons so I got paid $7.80 to buy $25 in Kraft foods :)

Because of my "addiction" as Scott calls it I'm constantly sitting on the floor with coupons spread out everywhere. The other day Lilah got in on the action.

This is how excited coupons make her :)

This is what happens when I take the coupons away :(

Moral of the story, don't take coupons away from a coupon addict, they will cry! lol!

3 comments:

Elise&Mike said...

You are so awesome! I wish I was better with things like this. I need to learn a lesson from you.

and she is getting so big! they grow fast huh :(

Jennifer said...

Funny! That is awesome you got all that stuff. That is an addiction that I would want to have. lol....
Cute pictures of Delilah.

Unknown said...

Hysterical!! She is chubby like Jadon & it is adorable!