Delilahs 6 mo check up went very good today and we saw her new pediatrician. I love her! She is super supportive and is willing to help in any way she can. We went over all her med doses and they were all right and she is developing right on time so we are pretty sure that all the apnea spells have not affected any of her brain function. This news was a sigh of relief! We still see her physical therapist monthly, the next appt is this Friday, but with all the improvements she is making I don't think we will need to continue. Wow, she has come so far in a month! I feel as though I'm slowing creeping up from the depths of the hell that I was in for months! I can almost see some light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe if she gets a ton better i will let Scott have another child, but then again I did say MAYBE! lol! If you would have asked me about 2 months ago i would have said that Delilah was forever going to be an only child! Actually I think I did make that statement numerous times :) Her dr agrees with the possibility of a milk protein and rice allergy as well as latex. We will take her to see an allergist when she is closer to 12mo to do testing so we know if we can start cows milk at 12 mo or have to do something else like soy. We are going to try more and more foods very slowly and keep a very close eye on how she does with each. She also got her shots today and did ok at the office but when we left she cried for oh I'd say 2 hrs STRAIGHT! I honestly felt like dropping her off on someones doorstep and doorbell ditching! Ok maybe I wouldn't do that but when your child cries non stop for HOURS that thought comes to your mind. And you cant deny it! I know all you mommies have thought about it at least once! In my case its been a bit more lol! Honestly though I love her more than anything and wouldn't change her for the world. All her problems and allergies have made me more knowledgeable and stronger, even though I don't feel all that strong at times.
Her stats for 6 months and 3 weeks old are: Height 27 1/2 in 93%
Weight 18 lbs 85%
Head 45 cm 95%
As you can see I have an over sized reflux child lol! The strange part is that 3wks ago when she was admitted to Primary Childrens Hospital she weighed 19lbs 6oz. So in that amount of time she has lost 1 1/2 lbs...strange. She is no more active then she was then but we have changed her formula and thickening method. Maybe her weight is just slowing down now that we aren't pumping her full of unnecessary calories in the form of rice cereal 5 times a day! All in all it was a great visit and she is doing very well. Holy crap I need to knock on wood after that statement!!!
*8/11....i really should have knocked on wood harder because she set off the alarm last night. well so much for that 4wk mark :(
Monday, August 10, 2009
*6 month-ish check up*
Posted by The Snells at 10:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad you like the new Doctor. You are doing a great job on getting Delilah "better". She is so dang cute!!
She is a cutie and I am glad you like your new doctor! I have had problems with my new doctor's nurse..not all there, that one, lol.
Post a Comment