Today started as a very hectic day. We have been trying to adjust Lilah's sleeping schedule (i usually put her down for bed around 10pm and Scott gets her up to feed her at 6-6:30am) but lately she hasn't wanted to get up that early so I've been trying to see how long she will sleep for. On the weekends when Scott doesn't work and doesn't wake her at 6am she sleeps until about 8 or 9am. And of course when i start to try this during the week she wants to be up at 6am! lol! So we got up and ready and went to IMC for her chest xray. After that I took her over to my grandmas to watch her while i went shopping at Kid to Kid in Sandy. Man i love that store :) I picked up a gently used fisher price highchair for $26!! It looks brand new! We then got home and started to do tummy time when Delilah rolled over for the first time!!! yay!!! I'm such a proud mom :) I was so excited I had to call Scott right away! And of course she doesn't want to show off for daddy now that hes home. Also her doctor just called me to give me the results of her chest xray. It said that she still has atelectasis (sticky stuff in her lungs) and a low lung volume. Her last chest xray said she had atelectasis as well but her dr said it was most likely a virus and would go away. Well if it were a virus it would have gone away by now. Plus she isn't sick, well except for a lovely case of hand, foot and mouth disease that i discovered this morning, but that has nothing to do with her lungs. So because this is not resolving and is very unusual per her dr, she is referring us to go see a Pulmonologist named Dr. Pheifer. Her dr is also exchanging out her cardiac/apnea monitor and they are going to get the stored data off of it to see whats happening to her breathing and heart rate before and after her episodes. I'm really hoping that all of this shines some light on whats going on with her. All i want to do is help her and know how i can do that. I knew all along that something was wrong and all the drs kept giving me the runaround but finally something is alarming for her dr and they are taking this a bit more serious. ITS ABOUT TIME! Her dr kept telling me that i was paranoid and because I'm a pediatric medical assistant i knew so much that i looked for all the bad things, but that's just not true. I'm a mom and can sense when something isn't right with her child. If that makes me paranoid so be it. But I will push and push until I get an answer. And it looks like I finally might...
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment