Last night against my better judgement i went to the dr. Just for the record I NEVER go to the dr unless I'm dying or something just as bad like kidney stones, but i had this dang fever since Tuesday morning and i really didn't want to get Lilah sick so i went. When i got there I told the dr all my symptoms and she said "well it sounds like a virus", i seriously hate to hear those words. I told her i had a baby at home and wanted to make sure it wasn't something i could give her and asked to be tested for the influenza. She asked if i had a cough. "No" i answered. She just looked at me and said "well i have never in my entire career seen a case of influenza without a cough so it just cant be that, but ill test you since you asked." I told her i work part time at a pediatric office and we are seeing influenza/swine flu by the truckloads with just a fever and some mild congestion. Ive seen this dr before and shes usually really nice but came off as really rude, maybe because i didn't feel good. She came back in and said my test was negative but said that she wanted to thank me. I asked her why and she told me that the next patient was a 2yr old boy that had a fever and a slight runny nose. Because of what i said to her about the flu she decided to test him for it, mainly to prove me wrong, and it came back positive. She said how much me being there that night had helped this little boy because he now wont have to go home with "its just a virus" and he can have medication that will help him feel better. It was one of those awwww... moments in life. But back to my diagnosis lol! So she asked me to do a urine test since i have chronic uti's and i said i had no symptoms but did it. She came back and told me i had a really bad kidney infection and it was likely id had it for weeks. This was weird to me as a few weeks ago i was telling Scott how bad my back hurt but i just thought it was from my chubby baby :) So i was put on antibiotics but she told me to come back in 10 days to recheck it because i had a LOT of protein in my urine. I mentioned to her that i had preeclamsia during my pregnancy but she said that would be gone unless it had damaged my kidneys. So i go back in 10 days to find out if its lessened or if i need further testing to see if i have kidney damage from my preeclamsia. I'm hoping its just the infection that's causing the high level as i really cant deal with one more medical problem in our household!
Now onto Lilah...She has been on the meds that the pulmonologist put her on for a week now and things aren't any better, and are actually a bit worse. She usually has about 1 episode a week but she stopped breathing once Sunday night, once Monday during a nap and 3 times last night. I can only hope things get better from here.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
*well im not contagious*
Posted by The Snells at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Jess I am so sorry you are sick and sorry about Lilah!
Post a Comment