Saturday, June 27, 2009

*Blessings and Green Beans*

Last Sunday, June 21st Delilah was blessed in the LDS church. I know some of you may be asking, "did i just read that correctly?" and the answer is yes. I know Scott and I are not active nor very religious but we decided that we wanted to get Lilah blessed. This does not in any way mean that we are now active members or will be, or that we will get her baptised but together as her parents decided we wanted to do this. Now that I got that off my chest here are the details and some pics :) She wore a beautiful white lace dress and the blessing ring that I wore when i was blessed. This is a tradition on the Patterson side of my family. She did great and slept the whole time. Scott's dad Paul did the blessing and did a great job. I felt bad though as that same day my friend Misty lay fighting for her life and all i could think about was her and her baby that passed away. It made me hold Delilah a lot tighter. After the blessing we had all of our family and friends over for a little luncheon. It was great to see everyone and Scott loved to show off our new floor in our basement. He did such a good job! I cant wait until he does the upstairs next :) On Thursday our little miss Delilah turned 5 months!!! HOLY CRAP, I HAVE A 5 MONTH OLD ALREADY!!! So for her "birthday" we decided to try to give her green beans. She wasn't so sure about them at first but did pretty well for her first time. I have given them to her for the past 3 days and every day she does better and wants more. I think next week we may try carrots :)

3 comments:

Mollie and Jason said...

I can't believe she is 5 months! Time flys:) I love her pretty blesing dress and I am still sad we missed it. Dang colds:) We want to come check out your basement... It looks like Scott did a really nice job! Lets do girls night when I get back from Vegas/St George!

Stef said...

She looked so pretty in her little dress! I love it when they start eating solid food! It's so fun.

Marisa Jean said...

The one thing that I love more than anything else, is baby blessings. I still pull mine out and read the portions that were recorded from time to time. How special for her! And she looks so adorable in her blessing gown.

I'm loving your down-stairs. Nice work!