Thursday, July 2, 2009

*a few random things*

Last week we introduced green beans to Lilah and this weeks choice was squash. I gave it to her today and she isn't as big a fan of them as she was of the green beans, but like any good Snell, she ate it right up! lol! Because she is on antibiotics 4 times a day its making her poop more and her poor little bum looks so sore :( To help im mixing some probiotics into her baby food daily. This has definitely helped! I was trying to think how i was going to get her to take the probiotics since it is in powder form but since starting solids its made it a ton easier. She is getting more used to her highchair and loves playing with her spoons. Her breathing episodes have become less frequent lately and we go back to see the pulmonologist on Monday to see where we go from here. I am hoping she will say things are looking better and we can start to wean off at least one of the 4 meds she is on but i doubt it. She still gets hooked up to the cardiac/apnea monitor every time she sleeps and because she has to have the electrodes taped on her (they don't stay by themselves) on her all day and night she has started to get a bad allergy to the tape and she breaks out in a rash under the tape and just screams :( So i alternate where i put the electrodes but there are only 2 spots to put them so after one spot heals i put them there and vice versa. I don't know if she is developing a latex allergy or if its just a sensitivity to the tape but the rash sure looks like it hurts. Poor girl :(

She has started to squirm out of her swaddle but still sleeps better if she starts out the night in it. Usually when i go in to get her in the morning she has her arms out, sometimes a leg and just laughs when i see her. But the other morning she did more than just get out of the swaddle. I cam into her room to find this...

Scott got me this big teddy bear years ago and i had it wedged in between her crib and the wall, kinda sitting on the top of her crib. Well i heard her moving on the monitor and i go in to see that she is at the foot of her crib and the bear is on top of her and shes hugging him. I laughed so hard! I have NO idea how she got him. She must have worked hard because he wasn't within reach. its a mystery!! So needless to say he is now in the closet. Being hooked up to the monitor limits her movement in the crib (you can see the cord on the right hand side of the pic) but she still manages to stretch it to its limits! Sneaky little girl :) I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full when she starts crawling and walking! She is now sleeping from 9:30 pm to 9 am which is SOOOO nice!!! Sometimes she wakes up at 6:30am hungry but then goes back to bed. I sure don't miss those sleepless nights of waking up every 2-3 hrs! Scott's really going to have to work at talking me into another kid lol!

Scott is still super busy going to work full time and taking 2 summer classes at SLCC. We don't see each other much, which is really wearing on me. It usually does when hes in school but now its really getting to me since I'm home with Lilah all day and night. I am still working one day a week and honestly i love it. Its so nice to get out of the house. My bow business is also picking up which is always good :) Well that's about it around here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have latex allergies so I wouldn't be surprised if she does. It is the worst. :( I hope you can take her off the monitor soon. :)

Elise&Mike said...

She is getting so big!!! =]

Landon takes a miralax powder and isnt it so much easier to just put in baby food. I still do that with him to get it down :)

I know how it goes with the hubby being gone alot too! Mines doing the same thing right now. :(

Marisa Jean said...

I can see how not seeing your husband would wear on you--I don't see mine either and it makes my heart hurt sometimes, plus I go crazy trying to wait around for him--and I don't even have a baby.

Your daughter is one strong cookie getting that bear. Man!

Mollie and Jason said...

She is so funny! I had so much fun with her last night. She is such a good baby! I cant wait until Oakley and her can play!