Saturday, January 3, 2009

*weekly update*

What a nice week this has been! Scott's work was closed all week so he got to spend the entire week with me :) Ok well he wasn't actually here all week as he was at his dads shop working on his snowmobile quite a bit, but it was nice to have him around more. Between him working on his snowmobile, my doctor appointments, cleaning the house and the holiday we were non stop on the go again.
Four years ago me and Scott met at a New Years Eve party so we always love when this day comes around year after year. We usually spend it with our friends but this year with me not having much energy to do anything and the fact that I'm not supposed to do much we decided to just hang out at my grandma's house and play games with our extended family. We had a great time! We left there around 11 and got home and into our pj's and toasted the new year with some sparkling grape juice. It was very different than our past New Years Eve's but it was great to just take it easy, enjoy being with each other and talk about how excited we are about Delilah's upcoming birth.
On Friday we had my weekly dr appointment. I have definitely been doing way too much these past two weeks and my doctor noticed. My blood pressure was 144/96 and still have protein in my urine. I've been having a few contractions a day and my spotting stopped last Sunday so at least I didn't have to worry about that anymore. After my dr appt we went to my biweekly non stress test. Lila's heartbeat was in the 150's and she looked and sounded great. The nurse there also noticed my b/p was up again and told us that I have to be in bed more. She went on to tell me that I should not be doing any more household chores, shopping, or anything else that will get my blood pressure up. I guess I kind of pushed the envelope with the holidays but now that they are over I need to just focus on me and Lila again. I want to keep her safe and in my belly for as long as I am able to and I need to just remember that when I feel the need to do the dishes! Its a good thing that I have such a great husband who is willing to do anything needed to keep me in bed. Thank you Scott!! I really could not go through all of this without my best friend by my side. He is the best husband and I know he will be the best daddy!

2 comments:

Elise&Mike said...

Atleast make it 3 more weeks!! Then you know she will be fine most likely!!

:) good luck again!
Is it going by slow for you now?? because its getting closer...

Deigh Lite Pictures said...

lol your so close!!! sorry i missed your baby shower today, i hope it was a blast. i have something for you, ill try to get it to you, and if not ill just mail it :)