Friday, January 9, 2009

*it just keeps getting worse*

So per my last post most of you can assume this week probably hasn't gone the best for me, and you would be right. First to recap. On Sunday I got a horrible migraine that lasted until Monday, Tuesday Scott left for St Louis and we had his whole flight fiasco, Wednesday I got another headache but this one was slightly better than the last, Thursday I felt crummy and Delilah wasn't moving as much and today I woke up with yet another headache and Lila still wasn't moving as much as normal. She is usually VERY active and the past two days she has just been calm. I did a few kick count tests which she passed but its still strange to me. I went to my OB this afternoon and got even more bad news. My blood pressure was up to 155/104 and I still have protein in my urine. After hearing all about my symptoms this week and after resting and retaking my b/p (which was at 148/94) she decided that she is going to induce me on January 24th. This will put me at 37wks and is the day before my birthday. As of now the dr thinks she will be in the NICU for 2-3 wks so they can watch her weight gain and make sure her breathing is consistent. We will go have an ultrasound on 1/16 to get her approximate weight (they still think she is on the small side especially since I've gained only about a pound in 6 weeks) and will have a better idea then as to what will happen when she is born. Im so scared! This is all so much for my brain to take in. At least 37wks is considered term! I just cant wrap my head around the fact that in 2 wks I will be mom and I might not be able to take her home with me right away. Please everyone keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Don't worry! (or at least try not too) it only makes it worse. Think positive. Don't forget that you have family and friends to support you.

Deigh Lite Pictures said...

ya damian came at 36.5 weeks and wasnt in nicu. im sorry sweetie. are you having a natural birth or c section? kinda fun to think your getting the best present of all for your bday!!!! you will have your little one finally in your arms! just keep the positive thoughts, you have made it this far, and you didnt think you would be prego at all!!! she is your little miracle and she will stay that way :)

Stef said...

Like you said atleast she will be full term. Hopefully the Dr will be wrong and you will be able to bring her home right away. Keep us all posted. You are in our prayers.