I mentioned in an earlier post about the problems we had with some flooding in our basement. This is what has happened so far...

This is all the drywall that has been ripped down so far. Its STILL soaking wet!
The culprit of all this mess!!!!!!!
We are planning to paint the room that is red a dark cream color and we are going to repaint the family room a light sage color. When it is all done it will look great but until then we are living with a mess of a basement!
Then in the midst of all of this Lilah has had the rotavirus (really bad diarrhea and a fever) for 9 days! She has been so fussy/cranky and not her calm self. She also got a pretty bad diaper rash, I feel so bad for her! I even had to go to the extreme of giving her probiotics (live cultures found in yogurt that I got at Good Earth Natural Foods), changing her formula to soy, giving her gripe water to help her tummy ache, giving Tylenol for the fever and using a bunch of balmex and petroleum jelly to help heal and protect her little bottom. I feel like I'm drugging up my poor little girl :( She started the probiotics Tuesday and today she is finally feeling MUCH better!! She slept for more than 2 hrs last night for the first night in 9 days. The past week she would fall asleep then wake up within an hour because she had a messy diaper and it would burn her bum. She was so miserable and so was I. There were a few nights that we just cried together :( I was doing everything I possibly could for her but it didn't seem to help until those glorious probiotics!!! they are seriously a life saver! I wish i would have known to give them to her a week ago!! Today has finally been an ok day!
I was supposed to start going to back to working one day a week for 5 hrs at the pediatric clinic yesterday but they called me and told me to stay home with my sick little one. How great is that?! I have been friends with those drs and staff for going on 7 yrs and they have been very good to me and my family. I really appreciate them. I decided to go back to work a day a week just to keep up on my Medical Assistant skills and let Lilah get used to not being with me 24/7.
Well that's about all the fun stuff going on here! lol! This is the only thing that makes some days tolerable!! 




1 comments:
Nate had the rotavirus. It was a nightmare. We almost were sent to Primary Childrens for an IV. Total nightmare. After you've been through that- everything else seems like a piece of cake.
Post a Comment