Wednesday, April 29, 2009

*3 whole months!*

Yep that's how long we have been enjoying our sweet little girl! Its so strange to think how fast time flies by. I know others who have kids and they say that they don't know where the time has gone and their kid is now 5, I never really got it until now. But what an eventful 3 months we have had. Lilah has been through so much in such a short amount of time here with us. I know compared to others its nothing (like Arianna who is the strongest kiddo I know!!) but to me it can be very straining at times. We still don't have an answer as to why she stopped breathing that day but thank god it hasn't happened again. Since switching her reflux medication to Prevacid and adding rice cereal to her formula she has pretty much stopped spitting up and arching her back as much. She is still pretty fussy though. But that comes and goes... I think she may be starting to teeth. She is chewing on anything that she can get in her mouth or her mouth on, has flushed cheeks, a slight fever and is drooling more. But she may just have some dumb virus still too, its so hard to tell! And being the ultra paranoid mom I am, I am talking to her dr like once a week! Ok. well I do work at the clinic I take her to once a week so maybe that's why I talk to her so often but I bet if I wasn't working there I'd be calling them all the time lol! Other than that things are going pretty well. She is getting so big! I bet she is at least 13 lbs by now :) I went to a baby shower last Saturday, which happened to be her 3 month birthday, and there was a mom there with a 5 mo old little girl who was like 1/2 the size of Lilah! haha!! But she is eating as much as she should be and everything else so it must just be those good ol' Snell genes :) A few things Ive noticed in the past month with her are:

She loves to stick out her tongue, i mean like ALL THE TIME lol! Then she giggles :)
She loves to go for walks in her stroller
She thinks its funny to wiggle her way out of her swaddleme and get tangled up in her cords that attach her electrodes. The first picture is when she was 2 wks and how she should be in the swaddleme, all nice and wrapped up. The second picture is how she likes to escape and thinks its pretty darn funny!
She loves to get all dressed up and take pictures. When I bring out the camera she becomes the biggest ham and makes all these silly faces and hand gestures!! lol
She loves to get in her car seat because it means she gets a car ride And she LOVES her big girl swing (thanks Natalie!) She likes to be up and able to see what mommy's doing at all times But no matter what new things happen or how much she changes the one thing that won't change is how much I love her and that she will always be my little miracle baby.

3 comments:

Mollie and Jason said...

I can not believe she is already three months! Wow time certainly does fly. I can't wait until next summer when our girls will be causing trouble together:) I am excited that we will have little friends. Ps... If we have more kids and they happen to be boys we will for sure get a new car seat... lol I would hate for the pink to scar him for life:)

Marisa Jean said...

I know it's cliche, but time flies! I'm glad to see the picture of you in the hospital with her. I love pictures of mom and baby for the first time. There's always something special about those.

Misty and Jake said...

Look at how big she has gotten from that last picture you posted! She is so cute Jes! :) We need to get together.