I had my monthly doctor appt today and I haven't left one this scared or worried ever. First we will start off with the good news. I am measuring 31 weeks and Delilah's heartbeat was in the 130's. The doctor says everything is going good with her :) Now onto the bad news... I had my glucose test and after I drank the orange stuff I felt really shaky and I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I figured it would just go away and it did get better but when I went back to a room the MA took my blood pressure and it was 148/94. My b/p has been around 120/70 my entire pregnancy. She thought it was just a fluke and she said the dr would retake it in about 40 min or so. The dr came in and we went over the usual then she checked my b/p again. It was STILL high so she got a worried look on her face and took a seat. She said my b/p was way to high and asked if i was still working. I of course anwsered "yes" and she proceded to tell me that I wouldn't be for at least the rest of the week. By this time I was concerned and asked her to explain. She said that since my b/p was so high she was concerned that this is pregnancy induced and could result in preeclamsia. I am now on bed rest until my appointment this Friday at which point she will decide if I have to stay on bed rest or if I will be able to work for a few more weeks. I had a bunch of bloodwork done today and I go back tomorrow for some more. I have an appt with my doctor on Friday to go over all the results. I have so many emotions that are going through me right now. But most of all I'm worried. The increased b/p could be from my cold that I have had for 3 weeks, it could have just been a strange one time thing or maybe it was from the orange glucose stuff I had to drink. No matter what it was from though I really hope it goes down and quick. Everyone please think good low blood pressure thoughts for us!!!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
good luck with that!! Just try to relax and dont worry just yet until you find out for sure:D
I thought I was going to have to drink that but my doctor had a few different choices of a huge sugar hit haha
I had to eat a king size snickers in like 4 minutes or something. it was so sick I swore to myself I would never eat another snickers in my life!! talk about a sugar hit huh
im sorry girly, but if possible try not to think about it. just imagine this as a nice vacation :) rent a bunch of movies and just veg out! your nerves can be alot of the problem as well, so by calming yourself, you might help it out drastically. i cant believe your measureing at 31 weeks!!! this baby is probably going to come a little early then!!! lucky you! :)
I am passing good vibes your way, Kenna blows a kiss and Arianna sends a raspberry. We love you, call if you need anything, please.
Post a Comment