Friday, December 19, 2008

*yet another dr appointment...*

For starters I wanted to update everyone on Scott's tumor that he had removed a few weeks ago. We went in yesterday to see his dr and its healing great and the labs came back saying it is a benign epidermoid cyst. This means its NOT cancer!! Phew!! I have to say I am so relieved to finally know what it was and that everything is ok. Today I had my weekly OB appt (it seriously feels like I spend all of my time at the dr office lately!!). It started well, I have only gained 1 lb this week, and my blood pressure was 130/70 which is a lot better than it has been. I was sure my dr was going to be so happy with me and things would all be ok. Then she came in and started talking, that's when it went downhill :( She said my b/p is ok but she would still like to see the systolic (top number) lower and that now I am spilling protein into my urine. She has decided that I have gone from just having gestational hypertension to preeclamsia. This has become a very scary word in my mind lately. I'm still in the early stages so things aren't horrible yet but at any given point they could go from bad to worse. Because I am also only 32 wks I have to now go in twice a week on top of going to my weekly dr appt to have a non stress test and amniotic fluid check done. My dr is fearful that my prolonged preeclamsia might begin if it hasn't already to effect the level of fluid surrounding the baby and effect her growth, meaning she could be small. I go in for my first of these many tests next Wednesday. My dr is great and is keeping a very close eye on me and the little one so I think things will be ok but im definitely in for a long bumpy road until she is here with us.
On a happier note, tomorrow is Scott's birthday and he will be the big 3-0!!! Since I really cant do a lot right now we are going out to dinner tonight and he is planning on going snowmobiling with his brothers and a few friends tomorrow. We also have 2 family parties tomorrow (if we make it to both) so it will be one eventful weekend. And i finally took another belly pic :) If you cant tell from this picture I'm HUGE!!! lol!!!


1 comments:

Elise&Mike said...

So glad everything is going better.

and im also glad you posted a tummy picture! so cute.

I think we all feel huge towards the end. I remember finally getting to a point where bending over a tiny bit to even eat something was a joke. I felt so stiff and HUGE and my belly was in the way big time!

You will look back and love the pictures! Keep them coming until shes here ;)