I went back to see my dr today and after checking my b/p I am still on bed rest. At this point she is unsure if I will be able to return to work before I deliver, its a play it by ear thing. My labs all came back ok so as of now I haven't developed preeclamsia. I asked her how likely it is that I will develop it and she said more often than not if its your first baby and you get gestational high blood pressure, so its just a matter of time. I go back into the dr every week now until I deliver so they can check my b/p and continue to watch for any signs of me developing preeclamsia. In a few weeks if my b/p hasn't gone down she wants to start to give Delilah steroids to help develop her lungs faster so in case they end up having to do an emergency C-section or inducing me before my due date. If they do give her steroids they will also do some more ultrasounds to make sure her weight is ok and that she is continuing to develop as preeclamsia can restrict the growth of a fetus not to mention be very harmful to the mom. As of now I will just hang out in bed and think about how great the next week will be if I can continue to stay healthy and keep her in my belly. All good thoughts are welcome our way so keep sending them!!!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
You have all of my prayers and good thoughts. You can do it, Jesse!
Post a Comment