Tuesday, May 5, 2009

*tests, tests and more tests*

Oh man the past few days have been filled with so much! The medication that Lilah needs to be on for her reflux is like $150 a month so her dr said I could just get samples from them so i wasn't too stressed about that. I went in yesterday to get some samples as i was out and her dr told me that we needed to talk. Since her visit to PCMC a few wks ago she has had this low grade fever almost daily so last Friday her dr wanted me to take it rectally every 6 hrs for the weekend. On Monday i called to let them know the temps. They had ranged from 99.1 to 100.1 but they never dropped below 99.0. I always thought that you subtracted a degree from the rectal temp so if it was 99.6 then your temp was actually 98.6 and that was fine. Well i guess babies her age are a bit different. and i didn't know this after all this time!?!!! So she wanted to get some blookwork done to make sure she doesn't have any infections. Shes doing fine except she gets fussy off and on and those dang fevers. We went last night to get the bloodwork at it all turned out ok but her dr wanted her to come in this morning to do a catheter to check her urine for an infection (since i have one like every other minute). The urine was fine too so the last thing to check is her lungs so off we went to IMC to get a chest xray. Her dr told me she really wanted to do the xray because her resting heartrate is on the high end of the ok scale and she breathes very shallow and very fast, which is also on the high end of the ok scale. I'm not 100% sure what they would be looking for on the xray but i guess we will find out when she calls me back. Also back when she was just a few wks old i noticed she always turned her head to the right and was going to see a physical therapist for possible torticollis but decided against it as she might grow out of it. well her dr is again bringing it up as she is still doing it and again suggested we go see a PT to discuss what can be done to help her muscles on the left side develop more evenly. This is all so overwhelming to me.... Ive had a lot of really bad days lately. Its just hard because she doesn't look sick and smiles all the time but a few times a day she screams like she is in really bad pain, gets red cheeks and a fever. Then after a while it goes away and was like it never happened. Because of this her dr upped her dose of Prevacid to 1/2 tab in the am and pm. This means more samples... and they don't get that many samples :( But she needs it so i guess we will be forking out the $150 a month to get her the right meds.


On a lighter note we got her a new mobile and she just loves it!
This is a pic of the actual mobile... Its the Tiny Love Nature Serenade Mobile and i got it at Babies R Us. I LOVE it because it has a remote :)
She will just stare at it forever! At first she was so interested in it that it wouldn't put her to sleep but now it does just great!

Here is just a new pic of mommy and daughter, i realized i really don't have many pics of me and her

And this is the dress,headband and bow she is going to wear for Nelson and Michon's wedding in June. (I hope you like it Michon!)
Oh and how could i forget!!!.... I've been looking for a cute diaper bag that didn't cost an arm and a leg and one that didn't really look like a diaper bag but more like a purse. i know I'm a dork! lol! but i went to the mall and found one at one of those knock off purse kiosks. So now my daughter is rocking a lavender Dolce and Gabbana :) hahaha!!! Maybe I'm weird but carrying a diaper bag with Winnie the poo on it just didn't appeal to me.

2 comments:

Emily Christine said...

Hope she gets feeling better! Your diaper bag is super cute! :)

Mollie and Jason said...

Jess I am so sorry you are going through all this! I seriously am here tohelp in whatever way that I can.