
On Monday we went in to the genetic counselor to get the first part of the integrated genetic testing done. This is to give us a risk factor or probability that our child could be born with or without a birth defect. This testing is just to give us an idea of what to possibly prepare for, the results in no way will change our mind about the pregnancy. They drew blood and did an ultrasound. It was amazing!! We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!! To get the correct measurements of the baby, placenta, etc the baby had to be in a certain position. Of course it was being stubborn and wouldnt turn so the ultrasound tech had to thump on my belly to get it to move. The baby didnt like that one bit!! It started to swing its arms, legs and head all over. It was the greatest thing I have ever seen!!
Both Scott and I just sat and watched the screen in amazement! To see the baby making fists and moving its fingers was priceless. I bet this baby is going to be one active kiddo when i can feel it!! We then went to the 12 week dr appt today. My blood pressure was great and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight (after loosing some during the first trimester). The babys heartbeat was strong and was at 162. Im feeling better and I am definately enjoying this pregnancy more and more!! And we get to find out the sex next month, yay!!! 
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
*12 week dr appointment/ultrasound*
Posted by The Snells at 4:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How fun! I'm glad things are going well.
By the way, we are having Robby's birthday dinner on Sun at the Snells.
IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! it really is amazing huh to see that.
Hooray! Jesse, I am so excited for you! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment