Well If anyone know Scott and I well you will know that Scott has done most all of the cooking up until Delilah was born. I felt that with me staying home I should be able to take care of a baby, clean the house everyday, keep all the laundry clean, brush my teeth, take a shower and make a great meal for Scott to come home to. Well of the above list on a good day I take care of Delilah and brush my teeth, but on a REALLY GOOD day I also get a shower!!! Wow Ive never been so excited about taking showers in my life until I realized how extremely hard they can be to come by when you have a demanding and pukey infant everyday that you cant let out of your sight for even 2 min. To explain this further I will explain my day yesterday...
Delilah woke up twice during the night (Wed night) and then was up for the day at 8am so I was starting off the day a little tired and not at my best. I got Lilah fed and we started to play when Sophie came in and laid next to us smelling like she was covered in poop! Well she smelled that way because she was. When her hair starts to get longer (like when i haven't gotten her groomed in 3months) when she poops it gets stuck to her hair and then I am forced to give her yet another bath. If you cant tell this happens often. So I leave Lilah to play in her room where she is safe, since she is usually the happiest and will play by herself in the morning without me being connected to her. I bathe Sophia and Lilah starts to have a screaming fit that I left her sight so I try to hurry and Lilah crawls with real tears streaming down her face into the bathroom to "help". Since Lilah was now with me I felt I could take my time and do a little "grooming" of Sophie on my own so i got out the trimmers and now she is still shaggy all over but has a nice smooth butt! I dried her off, yes after she shook and soaked us all and picked up Lilah to return to some daily play.
I walked with her on my hip and noticed she was wet. I figured she soaked through her diaper, which I was a little gitty about since she hasn't been drinking much since surgery and when i sat her down my shirt was soaked. Gross yes but it matched nicely with the slime boogers I had on my right sleeve and the medicine that she spit on me on my left shoulder. I took off her pj's and on her onesie the "wet" was brown.....SHE CLIMBED THE NIGHTSTAND AND DUMPED MY COKE ALL OVER HER!!! She was so sticky so I cleaned up the carpet and returned to the tub for her bath. She was all nice and clean and we returned to playing. Sophie comes back in and guess what....I smell poo again so I get up to find the "treasure" and clean it up before Lilah crawls and tries to put it in her mouth. Again gross but she also likes to try to eat dog food. I find the deposit she left and clean it up and return to play. I sit on the ground and notice yet again Delilah is wet.....brown wet. GOOD GOD I OPENED A NEW COKE AND SHE ALREADY CLIMBED AND GOT THAT ONE TOO!!!! I change her again but just do a wipe down since I'm sick of the tub at this point. I clean the carpet, again and we play.
By this time it was only 11am and I was one unhappy and exhausted mommy. Delilah finally laid down for a nap and I rushed to get my cleaning in. She woke up 2 hrs later and at that point I realized I should have napped myself. God i hate how hindsight is always 20/20. She wakes up and we have more messes and clean up and they day continues this way until she went back down for another nap at 5pm. This is normally a bit late for a nap but since I was tired myself and thought maybe I could get some shut eye too I put her down. At exactly 5:43pm she woke up crying so i got up and guess what i found........wait for it.......THE TIME BOMB WENT OFF!!!! She was covered from head to toe in explosive poop. So i bet you cant guess what we did again...if you guessed a bath then you would be correct. This was the 4th time that the bath was used this day (the first being Scott showering before work) and none of those times were for me! I got her squeaky clean again and ready for bed. Scott got home, put her to bed and then made dinner.....he went and got subway :) *on a side note yesterday was one of those days where I got a good teeth brushing in but no shower. Dont judge me! lol!!
Ok back to me being a cook.... I have been searching in all my spare time between baths of course, to find recipes that I could make for Delilah that were "safe" for her to eat and I have found a great site that offers many alternatives to your regular dairy/soy/egg/peanut meals. I went to Whole Foods to get some alternatives like dairy/soy free butter, "safe" cake mix, "safe" frosting mix, etc and have been trying to make different things that have been suggested by some of my fellow reflux/allergy mommies on babycenter.com. Well... this website with recipes was looking for new authors and cooks to feature their recipes to expand the options and I was picked as one to be featured since not only am I dealing with an infant with many food allergies but also reflux and apnea. I'm a little excited if I do say so and cant wait to try even more things using alternatives to make dinner that all 3 of us can eat. My goal is to make it so what we eat Delilah can eat as well. This will make us have to make some big changes but it will be worth it to have dinner together as a family instead of having to put Delilah to bed before we eat. Of course I doubt i will be able to make everything safe for her but Ill start with baby steps. If any of you are interested in checking out the blog and seeing me in action you can go over to www.mustfollowrecipes.blogspot.com or find it on my blog list as "Food allergy recipes". Watch out cooks because here I come!!
Friday, January 15, 2010
*me...a cook?.....*
Posted by The Snells at 9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sounds like a hectic day! Dont feel too bad though I think its just part of being a mom. I know some days I feel like not one more thing can go wrong or I might explode.
I hope your next day was more calm :) and sounds like she likes coke !! how funny.
p.s. Even on the days when I dont have a ton going on, sometimes I still dont get time to shower! (maybe its a mom thing) and I totally understand how a simple shower we appreciate so much more now. :)
I love your posts! They always keep me entertained:) I am sorry you had a crazy day. Little stinker!
Post a Comment