For the past few days Delilah has been super fussy, has had a low grade fever off and on, has been spitting up more and started with a cough. I was so sure she was just getting a cold and she just seemed so miserable. She is going to be 9mo on Sunday and still has no teeth so I felt her gums and no signs of teething :( Yesterday was the worst by far...She woke up at 9am and would NOT take a nap ALL DAY! Normally she takes 2-3 good naps per day but she just would not sleep. She kept crying and would only sleep in my arms. As soon as I put her in her crib she would scream. I gave her some Tylenol which helped with the fever and made her happier. As soon as the Tylenol would wear off though she was a horrible grump again. It was a vicious cycle!
I couldn't wait until Scott got home and could watch her for a while and give me a break. As soon as he walked in the door I handed her over and made my way to our room to watch some much needed reality tv :) The next thing I know Scott is yelling from her room to hurry and come in. I rush in and he says "Delilah has a tooth!!!!" I didn't believe him since I just felt her gums earlier that morning so i washed up and felt again. Sure enough she had a bottom tooth break through. No wonder she was having such a bad day! And i couldn't figure out why she kept sticking her tongue out all day but it makes perfect sense now. After feeling that it had broken the skin I thought she was going to have a better night then day. I was dead wrong. Last night she was up every 60-90 min screaming and coughing. I am beyond tired today and could really use some sleep that lasts more than an hr at a time! Lets hope these other teeth come in all at once so i only have to deal with this teething moster one more time. Haha wishful thinking!!!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
*teething is comparable to hell*
Posted by The Snells at 7:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Ah, I've heard that teething is similar to hell. Glad it's you and not me. Poor kid--and mom alike!
Teething does suck. Probably more so for us ..they wont remember it ;)
Hope she gets them all at once that would be nice! Landon got pretty much all of his at once. Think hes getting more now though.
Get some sleep! and just try to be patient with her and yourself :) i know sometimes its a struggle to feel sane with no sleep!
Post a Comment