Wow time has FLOWN by. I know I mention this all the time but its so true! I just cant get over the fact that I have a 9 month old! This means she will be 12 months in 3 short months and I havent even started planning her birthday bash!!! lol! When I sit and think about it I am still baffled that we share a birthday. Its just so special to me that I cant even explain it. I wanted and tried for Delilah for so many years and then out of all 365 days that she could have been born she decided to make her debut 3 weeks early and be my birthday present. To be completely honest being in labor for 21 1/2 hrs was not my idea of the perfect birthday present. I would have settled for an ipod :) But holding her tiny body and looking into her big eyes was the best gift Scott could ever give me.
We went in today for her 9 month check up and here are her stats:
Height: 29 1/4 in 95%
Weight: 20 lbs 0.5 oz 75%
Head: 47cm >95%
She is still somewhat delayed in her gross motor skills but is excelling in all other aspects. She can say about 8 words and now waves when you say hi or bye (and its not just a simple hand open and close wave its a full on shake her arm like its being attacked by spiders wave!) Ahhh shes adorable :) She is still beyond fussy and teething and thinks that by screaming all day it will make her teeth come in quicker. I keep trying to tell her this wont help and is not necessary but she doesn't believe me. Her bottom and only tooth is still just barely poking above the gums but its out enough that if she bites your finger you immediately pull away and wonder why on earth you put your finger in her mouth in the first place. She is still not crawling or pulling herself up on furniture and does not seem the least bit interested in either. She does however love to "walk" around the house while she holds your fingers. My back does not like this game much.
For halloween she is going to be Dorothy complete with ruby red sparkly shoes. I wonder if Sophia will care if she is locked in a picnic basket all day?! I will be playing the role of the wicked witch of the west, which if you ask my brothers I don't need a costume or holiday to be that, and Scott will be a lollipop kid. What a great bunch of misfits we will be! I cant wait to take and post pictures!
Other than that we are finally healthy around here again but Scotts truck hasn't been so lucky. It has broken and needed to be repaired 3 times in the past week. We are now forced to buy a new motor for it as he cannot drive his lowered to possibly and inch off the ground firebird in the snow. Ah the joys of owning a truck that is older than I am :)
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
*Delilah will be a year old in 3 months??!!!*
Posted by The Snells at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I can't believe how much faster time has gone by since adding Emma to our family! Isn't it crazy to think that in just 3 months these girls will be 1 year! Delilah still has a few inches and pounds on Emma--maybe one day they'll be even! ;) Happy 9 Months Delilah (and mommy for making it this far---you are awesome)!
crazy how time flies huh! It seems like a month ago we had them when we look back:)
I cant believe in 6 months mine will be TWO!
Sounds like your costumes will be adorable!
I can't wait to see her in that costume. Sounds so cute! Glad that everyone in the family is healthy. Car's or trucks are no fun when they break down.
Dont worry about Delilah being delayed in somethings. Like you said time flies by so fast next thing you know she will be asking for the car keys lol!!! J/K.
Thanks for the update you are so good at this blog thing.
Post a Comment