Thursday, June 10, 2010

*potty time*

I don't know if this is 100% accurate or not...as it comes from my mother and shes known to tell fish stories a bit but she claims i was potty learned (not potty trained) at 6 months old! Potty Learned is whey you can use elimination communication and put them on the potty when you think they are about to go...usually you start with poop...then work your way to full potty training. So when Delilah was born she had a tall order to fill! Well, we were so caught up in reflux, apnea and everything else being thrown our way when she was 6months that we didn't even think about it! Now that we have changed to cloth diapering (did i ever mention how much i really do LOVE it??!!!!) Delilah feels wet when she goes and the poop sits on her bum and she doesn't like it. Right after she goes she wants to be changed so the last weekend we went to kid to kid (the only store i shop at for her hahaha!) and bought her a boon potty with bench.  Its super cute and modern and doesn't have Dora or Barney on it, which sold me right there!  I had been looking at some on Amazon for a while and wanted something that could be used as a step stool when not in use as a potty, something with a small "catcher" so i wouldn't have to deal with a huge pot to clean constantly, something nice price wise without too many bells and whistles and that was environmentally friendly. This is what i came up with. I LOVE BOON PRODUCTS! A lot of them, including this potty is made up of recycled plastic so I'm not hurting the environment even more by buying it. It has 2 side compartments and one side has a toilet paper holder. I think she will love it! Of course if i couldn't find it 2nd hand i would have gotten it anyway since $29.99 at amazon with free shipping is a great deal! Most of the playskool or fisher price ones were above $40...who needs something they shit in to be more than $40 now really?! I mean even our regular toilets are the cheapest because i cant see spending that much on something that holds shit daily! I need to bleach and spiff it up a bit and then put it in the bathroom for her to start "trying". I'm going to go slow, at her pace and totally not push anything! But i think with her in cloth it will be easier than if she were in some of the newer disposable diapers that wick every ounce of liquid away from their skin....see my point???!!! To say it nicely I HATE DISPOSABLE DIAPERS!!! they cause so much undue and unnecessary waste, but that's just my opinion :) We shall see in the next few weeks how this potty thing comes along but at least I'm giving it a try!

1 comments:

Elise&Mike said...

holy smokes! 6 months old?!! wow. thats crazy.

My mom said I did it at close to a year and a half. Boys I hear are harder so im not so excited but were starting him soon too now that hes two!

Good luck. We both will need it. ha