Wednesday, February 18, 2009

*Lilah's weight check*

I took Lilah to the dr yesterday to follow up on her feeding and to get her weight checked again. They weighed her and she is now 6 lbs 11 oz! yay!! what a chunker! lol She is now having more formula instead of just breastfeeding so I'm guessing thats why she gained almost a full pound in a week. I'm just not making enough for her to breastfeed alone :( They also switched her formula from Enfamil to Good Start because she was kinda congested on the Enfamil and I guess Good Start is better for babies that have mild allergies to things like cows milk. We don't know that she is allergic to cows milk (neither me or Scott is allergic to it) but they wanted her on a gentler formula just in case. She also has thrush in her mouth which we got meds for and has to go to a physical therapist because she constantly turns her head to the right and her muscles on the left side of her neck are a little tight. I'm just concerned she may have torticollis. I have noticed though with me working in peds for 7 years and knowing all that I do that I am way more nervous and paranoid about EVERYTHING!! lol!! Other than all of that things are going great! She is a great sleeper during the day but has some trouble at night. She rarely, if ever, cries which has been so great! She fusses some when she needs or wants something but unless she is hurting or mad like when i suction out her nose or give her a bath she is a pretty quite baby. We are definitely lucky!! She is just such a joy to be around. And yesterday she actually looked at me and SMILED!! and it wasn't even a gas smile lol!! it was a full on happy smile :) It made me so happy i seriously cried haha! hopefully ill get a pic of her smiling soon!!!


Getting ready to go to the dr...
Tuckered out before going to the dr...
Even more tuckered out after the dr...

3 comments:

Deigh Lite Pictures said...

ugh im so jealous of the cute outfits!!!!

Elise&Mike said...

I love the little headband and all the PINK :D
and im glad shes gaining weight thats great!

Hello! said...

Hey Jesse & Scotty! ha ha. I found you guys! Now you can't run away.. I can't wait to see this little munchkin. I gave Scott crap for not bringing her to Grandma Ray's bday, but I guess you just don't do that with a baby who's only a few weeks old... Humpf.