Friday, January 14, 2011

*just a little behind*

Ya I know I'm behind in the blogging. Its sad when you KNOW your behind but you start to get texts from family and friends asking whats going on with you because you haven't updated your blog lol. So here is the abridged version. I will try my damnedest to stay up to date!

I saw my GI on 12/16 and on 12/22 I went in for an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. Let me just say this was NOT at all as BAD as i thought it would be. I have heard horror stories and the worst part is you have uncontrolled gas for like a day haha! Seriously that's the WORST part! The biopsy's came back saying i have gastritis (the lining of my stomach is inflamed) so they want me on an antacid daily. Well guess what?! Ive been taking a freaking antacid for 2+ yrs...I don't think that's going to help if I've been taking it and its still like that. But good news is NO Crohns or Celiacs! BUT this also means i have no better answers as to why Delilah is having issues. Her vomiting at night is getting worse and I'm thinking she may be having mini seizures like when her reflux was uncontrolled. Her GI is concerned and ordered some stool testing on her before we sedate her for more brain imaging.

Scott's been like a busy little bee working on the upstairs fireplace and now just has to mortar the stone onto it, put in the gas insert, run the gas line and put on the mantel. It already looks SO much better than it has for the past year :)

Delilah is still delayed in her speech and eating and nothing has changed with her feeding issues or allergies. We go in on 1/18 to do more skin prick testing. She is very social and trys to talk to you but can only say a handful of words and points and trys to "act out" what else she is trying to say. Speech therapy is up next for her.

We had a great Christmas and are coming up on Delilah and I's birthdays on the 25th. Yes, they are the same day :) I'm one lucky momma! I swear getting that baby out of me was one of the best presents I could have ever been given!

Other than that life with us is definitely an adventure! Ill get some pics loaded and post some more detailed posts when I can! I hope all our family and friends are doing well!

0 comments: