I cannot believe i let my blog go another MONTH before I updated it again! At this rate Im never going to have anyone come to read it! As like last month we have had a very eventful month and yet another trip to the instacare with Delilah but this time she actually got stitches. My mom and I decided to go to the "What a Women Wants Expo" and left Delilah home with Scott. It was a nice break and day out with my mom when I got a phone call after we had only been gone for maybe 45 min. "Where is the Neosporin?" asked Scott. "WHY???" i snapped back! "Oh because Delilah fell and got a scratch on her head and i want to put some neosporin and a bandaid on it"....hmmmmm if Scott was calling me for neosporin, which he has NEVER done before, I figured it might be a bit worse than he was telling me. I asked if i should come home to take a look at it but he assured me she was fine and to have a good time. We wandered around and enjoyed ourselves then went back to the house. I walk in the door and Lilah runs up to me and points to her bandaid on her head so I take it off to look at it and immediately grab my purse and say "off to the instacare we go!".

We took her to the Instacare that is 5 min from our house and they immediately put some liquid lidicaine gel on her wound to numb it before they sutured it.


They wrapped Delilah like a burrito and started. She ended up with 3 sutures above her left eye that I would be able to remove at home in 5 days. After they were done torturing her they gave her an otterpop (which she LOVES by the way!) and we were off to home. So much for my day being a break. The next 5 days I was diligent to keep her cut clean and dry and apply a new bandaid and neosporin daily. On day 5 I gave her a bath, handed her a bottle and put her in front of sesame street (another thing she LOVES!) and proceeded to take out the 3 stitches. I got all 3 out within minutes and she didn't even make a peep! Our little girl is the bravest thing ever!
Another eventful thing around here is we have been going every Thursday to see my brother Tevin play football for Alta High School. They have 2 games left and are still undefeated! Lilah has a cute little cheer uniform she wears to each game to support Tevin and dances and claps along with the cheerleaders! (if you look close in the picture with Tevin you can see Delilahs hello kitty bandaid over her eye)


As for Scott and I we are looking forward to the snow to fall! This means a few things for us...1. Scott gets to go snowmobiling...his very most FAVORITE thing to do, 2. I get to wear sweaters :), 3. All our birthdays are coming up (Scott's is Dec 20th and both Delilah and I have ours on Jan 25th), 4. We get to go to HAWAII!!! Yep you heard me right! In Feb for my amazing mother in laws 60th birthday we are going as an entire family to Hawaii. And if all that weren't enough to make us want winter to come quickly we are going to start to try for baby #2!!!! We are beyond ready to give Delilah a little brother or sister (and don't ask what gender we want because honestly we really don't care...just like last time we want a healthy baby...and maybe this time we will get just that!) I just want a baby that is over 6lbs and is healthy and can breastfeed! If that means its a boy great and if its a girl great. Scott and I kinda wants a little boy to round out our family but neither of us had a sibling of the same gender so that would be fun too. Either way we will feel very blessed to even be able to conceive again. We are most likely going to have to do fertility drugs but are praying that's not the case.
Now back to the latest of what we have been up to this October. Delilah is going to Occupational Therapy to help her eat more of a variety of foods as she has developed aversions to foods due to her very limited diet. She is doing great with eating more but the one thing we cant kick is the bottle. She has to still have formula instead of cows milk due to an allergy and for some odd reason she thinks formula is disgusting in a cup or sippy but is amazing in a bottle. Oh Delilah. We have a few goals to work on with OT and one of them is to get her to drink 4oz a day of formula out of a sippy or open cup. This goal is not going well at all. If we try it in an open cup it ends up all over her and me and if we try in a sippy it gets thrown across the room. Ive just felt horrible about taking it away since its the ONE thing that she really likes and will always take. Ive started going to therapy weekly to work on my addictive personality and other things and I'm reading a book called "Unchain Your Brain" by Daniel Amens. Its a very informative self help book all about getting your brain healthy again!
That's all that's going on our way but i would like to congratulate our friends Melissa and Josh who just found out they are expecting their 2nd child in May and Elizabeth and Matthew who just had little Makana who was 27 wk 4 days old and weighed a tiny 3lbs 12oz. Please keep little Makana in your prayers as he grows and develops and hopefully he can come home with his parents in a few weeks.
3 comments:
So Reed will also only take his milk in a bottle. I have tried a million times to give him his milk in a sippy cup but nope, throws it. So he gets his milk in a bottle and I have decided that I don't care enough to make a fuss of it for now. Maybe when he's 2 I'll rethink it, but for now he gets his milk in a bottle!
It's about time you updated this thing!
It's a good thing guys dig scars right???? Or is it the other way around? HAHA J/K. She is such a tuff little girl!!!
That is so awesome you guys get to go to Hawaii. I would be counting down the days!! I'm excited for you guys to get started on your next baby. Hope it goes well.
Post a Comment