Thursday, September 2, 2010

*OMG...a whole month?*

First I have to say...DAMN I'm a huge, gigantic slacker when it comes to my blog lately! Its bad enough that I haven't even STARTED on Delilahs baby book or that fact that my house looks like a 19month old tornado hit it or that I'm sitting here writing this is a house dress. Yes a house dress...otherwise known to many as a mu mu. No makeup, hair is crazy wild and Yo Gabba Gabba is on in the background for Delilah as she feeds the dogs fruit snacks that cost $1 a package while i tell her "nicely" to stop. Now you know what my days consist of. What do yours consist of??

SOOOOOOO much has gone on since I last got on in July its ridiculous.

I am still at home all day every day and working as much as I can as a board member for the PIC foundation (protein intolerant children) which is part of Partnerships for a Cure. You can read all about this non profit foundation at http://www.thepicfoundation.org/ or find us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/PIC-Protein-Intolerant-Children-Foundation/149795518371805 which is the official fan page. I am the moderator so feel free to post to show your support and invite all your friends to join as well!

Delilah is a walking, running, talking fool who despises BYU football, shes such a smart girl :) She told me red looks better on her anyway haha! Ok i might have fibbed on that last part but Scott and I made a bet that when i was pregnant with her whatever team won the Holy War that year was the team that she would root for...and it just so happened Utah won. I think we will do the same for our next child...only seems fair :) So this year Utah can lose but next year they HAVE to pull out a win! Yes we are planning on conceiving child #2 next year. Exciting huh?! Actually I think I'm ready now but we are going to Hawaii as a family for my Mother in Laws 60th birthday in Feburary so I decided to wait until after the trip to go back on fertility drugs. Ok, back to the important thing here....Delilah! She is speaking small sentences like "No Crawl No" and "it doesn't work" or "mommy kisses" and understands EVERYTHING! I honestly cannot believe how smart she is! A month or so ago I asked her to go get mommy the "small black bottle of bum spray" that is not more than 3 in long and maybe 1" in diameter and she went into her room, found it (i didnt know where it was) and brought it to me and said "here mommy". I will ask her to pick up her room and she will put all the dirty clothes in a basket and pick up her toys then dance around and clap.

Now onto the not so fun parts of being Delilah. She is still reacting to MANY foods. Recently she reacted to plain white minute rice which lasted 1 month. She also reacted to mango's after the rice incident. On the bright side she has passed blueberries and raspberries as well as pork, beef and LOVES Pepperoni minis by Hormel. She is still not eating solids regularly but in an average day will have pretzels, pepperoni minis, grapes, possibly a jar of 2nd or 3rd baby food (she still loves purees and is having aversions with chunks). We are still giving her Neocate (her amino acid based formula) thickened to honey consistency with Simply Thick in a bottle and she is taking 7 oz about 4-5 times a day. She is still taking her Zegerid for reflux and calcium carbonate as a buffer as well as Zyrtec daily for allergies. We have a swallow study coming up to determine if we can start to wean off of the thickener. We got RAST testing done as well as an IgA deficiency test. The RAST testing all came back negative which means that her intolerance's are IgG instead of IgE (which could cause anaphalytic shock). This is good news but means we just have to be patient and let her stomach heal and tolerate foods as her body will let her.

Another awful thing that happened to Delilah recently was a metal exercise bar fell on her right great toe which split the nail from the nail bed, lacerated the skin underneath the toenail, and completely removed the right side of the toenail with the left side hanging by a tiny piece of skin. After this happened she screamed and i looked at her foot and saw blood start to pool up on her sock. I knew immediately she needed to be seen so rushed to get us out the door. We went to her pediatrician first who thought it would be no big deal...just a toenail injury...but as she looked at it the entire nail had come out of the nailbed and if it was not put back in there was the potential for her to never grow a nail back so we needed to go to Primary Children's Hospital to have plastic surgery look at it. I grabbed my mom at work as I was crying to hard to even drive and up we went. We got there and waited and waited and waited. After being there for 4 hours they finally came in to do the procedure.  
Delilah definitely has been a handful since the day she was born and as she gets older the injuries and accidents become scarier and scarier to me as a mom. I feel completely responsible even though i know its just a kid being a kid and as a mom you cant prevent everything.
Now on to Scott and I. Scotts work has laid off about 400 employees lately and so his workload has increased tremendously. He is also is in school full time and goes in the morning before work and at lunch time. He is taking some hard classes that require quite a bit of homework so he is always busy doing one or the other. He is such a great provider and has so many goals and things in life he wants to accomplish. I am very lucky to have him as my partner and best friend. I have been busy with PIC (like i mentioned), trying to keep things in the house in order and finding time for myself as well. This last thing has been the hardest for me lately. Everyday something is going on and usually it doesn't include time for me to just be by myself or do something that makes me happy. I really need to find time for myself  to workout, watch a movie or just take a nap! Other than that we are getting ready for Football! I'm a die hard Ute fan and Scott loves the Y. Tevin is also playing football for Alta High School so we have games every Thursday.
And last but not least my cousin Tiffani and her husband Dave welcomed a beautiful baby girl on August 28th and named her Kassidy Lin Johnson. She weighed 7lbs 12oz and was 19 in long. She arrived by C-Section and looks just like her brother Kruz! Congrats guys!!!

0 comments: