After I fell down the stairs on March 21st things have just been hard since then. I waited a whole 10 days before even going to the doctor about my arm and the only reason i went is because my hand was constantly tingly and numb. Obviously they casted it, as you can see from my previous post.
**TANGENT** ok the cast that was put on my arm had to by far be the shittiest cast i have EVER seen. Maybe its that i worked in the cast clinic at Primary Children's Hospital and casted hundreds of kids a week or that I'm picky or maybe its that I'm OCD and like to have things a certain way. The reason doesn't matter, all that matters is the dr that casted me SHOULD NEVER CAST ANOTHER HUMAN BEING, and possibly shouldn't cast any animals either just to be safe. Doesn't he know that you should be able to touch your finger and thumb??? Doesn't he know that is shouldn't be as thick as a club? Doesn't he know that there should be sufficient padding so that your hand and arm don't get blisters and bleed from rubbing on FIBERGLASS? And the biggest question of all, WHAT KIND OF OFFICE DOESN'T CARRY PINK FOR CASTS??!!! I was lucky enough to have a roll so he could make it right but still that had to be the worst cast ever...and boy did i complain to whoever would listen for the entire time it was on!
So i got my cast off on April 13 after i went to see an Ortho dr who specializes in arm fractures. He said my cast was SO horrible that they needed to remove it and replace it. They did another xray and said that my fracture was healing and it was actually more of a bone contusion so they decided to not replace my cast, hallelujah! Apparently the numbing of my hand is caused by my radial nerve being impinged. This will continue until my contusion fully heals in a few month. I cannot at this point wear a watch, long sleeves or anything that rests on my left wrist. If was very sore and stiff the first week but now its ok as long as i don't lift Delilah with it or anything else heavy.
A few days before i got my cast off I finally gave in and went to the ER as I was still having horrible daily headaches and my neck and back were still hurting. After my Brain MRI, Head CT and exam I was told I had a concussion and some mild fluid on my brain which is causing the headaches and issues with my memory. Since my fall I have been having a hard time remembering things, which is completely unlike me. Scott is taking advantage of this to its fullest! I still cant believe all of this happened because of a fall down the stairs, which brings me to a funny story which happened while i was at the doctors office getting re casted the day after my cast was put on and then fell off.
**TANGENT** ok the cast that was put on my arm had to by far be the shittiest cast i have EVER seen. Maybe its that i worked in the cast clinic at Primary Children's Hospital and casted hundreds of kids a week or that I'm picky or maybe its that I'm OCD and like to have things a certain way. The reason doesn't matter, all that matters is the dr that casted me SHOULD NEVER CAST ANOTHER HUMAN BEING, and possibly shouldn't cast any animals either just to be safe. Doesn't he know that you should be able to touch your finger and thumb??? Doesn't he know that is shouldn't be as thick as a club? Doesn't he know that there should be sufficient padding so that your hand and arm don't get blisters and bleed from rubbing on FIBERGLASS? And the biggest question of all, WHAT KIND OF OFFICE DOESN'T CARRY PINK FOR CASTS??!!! I was lucky enough to have a roll so he could make it right but still that had to be the worst cast ever...and boy did i complain to whoever would listen for the entire time it was on!
So i got my cast off on April 13 after i went to see an Ortho dr who specializes in arm fractures. He said my cast was SO horrible that they needed to remove it and replace it. They did another xray and said that my fracture was healing and it was actually more of a bone contusion so they decided to not replace my cast, hallelujah! Apparently the numbing of my hand is caused by my radial nerve being impinged. This will continue until my contusion fully heals in a few month. I cannot at this point wear a watch, long sleeves or anything that rests on my left wrist. If was very sore and stiff the first week but now its ok as long as i don't lift Delilah with it or anything else heavy.
A few days before i got my cast off I finally gave in and went to the ER as I was still having horrible daily headaches and my neck and back were still hurting. After my Brain MRI, Head CT and exam I was told I had a concussion and some mild fluid on my brain which is causing the headaches and issues with my memory. Since my fall I have been having a hard time remembering things, which is completely unlike me. Scott is taking advantage of this to its fullest! I still cant believe all of this happened because of a fall down the stairs, which brings me to a funny story which happened while i was at the doctors office getting re casted the day after my cast was put on and then fell off.
My arm was casted originally on 3/31 and i knew it was a crappy cast and by 4/1 (which was the next day, if you didn't know that March has 31 days lol) i went back in as my cast was literally falling off my arm. They cut it off and the dr came back in to recast it. Lucky for me I got the same dr and he did just as good of a job and remains champion of the crappy casts. But while i was getting it removed the nurse noticed MANY large bruises i have on both arms. On 3/30 i had my blood drawn and the phlebotomist did a horrible job and had to take blood from 3 different spots because she wasn't good enough to get two small tubes from one vein. The MA wasn't believing me that these bruises were from a blood draw so she had another MA come in. They asked me what happened to my fractured arm. I explained to her that i fell down the stairs with my daughter. They asked me where my husband was when this happened and i proceeded to tell them he was in the garage when it happened. Then they asked me where the garage was so i told them...its at the top of the stairs :) Obviously that didn't sound good and they were trying to get me to admit that my husband pushed me lol. i was close to saying...its not like my husband pushed me... but i felt like if i did some nice policemen might have followed me home.
While I dealt with having a cast on my arm and a concussion i almost forgot i had a child to care for...but then she pooped and it all came back to me quickly! Anyone tried to change a cloth diaper with a shitty cast on their arm?! No pun intended haha! Its next to impossible to get her clean and keep me clean at the same time. I was so worried everytime i smelled her that i would get it on my cast and be smelling it for the next few weeks. Lucky for me i never got any on me and i made it work. It was hard to hold her as my cast would bonk her head everytime. Even something simple like making a bottle was a huge task. If anyone was wondering breaking their arm, wearing a cast, having neck and back pain AND a concussion is not easy while taking care of a child. I suggest doing this before having children.
Delilah has been doing fairly well lately, except for the fact that she is getting 4 new teeth, 3 of which are 2 yr molars. I thought they called them 2 yr molars because you get them at 2, not at 15months! WTH?! So she has been pretty fussy lately. Even though she is miserable she is trying so hard to be her happy self.
Here she is showing off her teeth!!! You can see her swollen gums where her new teeth are coming through on her left bottom side
Here is her classic "binki smile" :)
Pimpin it old skool
Here are also some random pics from Easter.......




1 comments:
Love the cute bows in yours and Delilah's hair. Dont like that bad month you guys had. :(
Post a Comment