So I have noticed I have been a GIGANTIC slacker on my blogging. I try to keep it up as like a journal and if that's the case I am really bad at keeping one! There has been quite a bit going on lately, as in life has changed by leaps and bounds in some instances!
I have started Acupuncture and I feel so much better since I've started! I have an amazing 2nd family (the Minsons/McIllece's) who care about my health enough that my 2nd dad, Scott, called his acupuncturist and explained my situation and she contacted me about possibly trying it! I felt so lucky to have others that care so much about me that they went completely out of their way to try to find a way to make me "better"! It seriously puts tears in my eyes to think about how loved I feel by those around me. I was beginning to feel like i would never find out how to manage my health, make things better or work out how to feel confident about conceiving another child safely. I have hope. That is huge. I owe so much to this family, and my own for trying to help me keep positive and keep going with the positive changes i need to make (like drinking way more water than I used to; eating more small meals, as i could go all day without any food and at dinnertime realize it and be completely drained; cut down on my soda intake; make an appt to see my general surgeon regarding my thigh muscles not regenerating properly, which i keep putting off; and continue to think more positive about my health!)
My acupuncturist seems to think much of what I do in regards to what parts of my body are causing the issues. I believe first my kidneys have quite a bit of scar tissue and damage from years of chronic urinary tract infections and chronic kidney stones. My kidney damage then causes the second issue, my heart which always has a very high heartrate (around 140 resting!) and high blood pressure. With both kidney and heart issues this makes me not retain water well and so the amount i need to drink daily is much more than the "average" amount you are told to drink. Drinking my favorite soda, Coke, doesn't help all this either so I am slowly cutting it out. If I can get all the "kinks out of my hoses in my body" through acupuncture I, as well as my acupuncturist feel that I will be in much better health and may be able to heal myself allowing my organs to heal themselves!
I go to my fifth appt this coming Monday and we will go over my progress and what it will take to get my body where it needs to be. If all goes well and i continue to benefit from this we can work on my fertility issues as well and we are hoping we are able to conceive baby #2 sometime after this coming October! I will feel so much more complete after having another child and giving Delilah a sibling. My sister in law is pregnant and due in February and I am hoping to help expand our Snell family as well :)
Delilah is doing great lately except that she is having issues sleeping. I believe it is her reflux, which may be uncontrolled again since we were trying to wean her off. I am having to give her a bit more Zegerid than normal per day and sometimes offset it with extra calcium carbonate. She is waking each night and ends up laying in her glider with the TV on falling asleep. Ya, ya I know I should just take the TV out of her room but it helps when I am putting her down for naps or for having quite time in her room. She still cant open her door to her room but can turn on the lights and TV so when she is up she ends up banging on her door scaring the crap out of me, as it wakes me from a dead sleep! At least when the TV is in there she is able to turn it on, watch some cartoons and when i hear that sound (much less startling!) I can get up and open her door and get going for the day.
She is still having issues with eating bananas but can pretty well eat anything else! I never thought I would see the day! Her new favorite thing is cheese roll-ups (cheese in a tortilla rolled up lol) and "baby hotdogs" which are mini corndogs. Her favorite things to eat are still fruits of any kind, fresh peas, apple juice and ice water! Whenever she goes on the potty she gets a treat and she usually asks for a strawberry or apple. I love it! Even when she got a haircut i told her she could have a big treat and she asked for 2 strawberries. She is such a good girl! She says please, thank you and sorry daily in regards to everything! If she forgets to put a toy away she tells me "sorry mama, i put away now" or if she wants apple juice she will say "apple juice please mama" and when i get it for her she always says "thank ewe mommy". Shes just so polite! She also is going to be a little model! She will be doing a shoot for DS
Scott is working hard as ever and will be starting school again this month. I am so proud to be able to call him my husband and daughters father as he is amazing at both jobs :) Delilah loves her daddy and their weekends she spends every minute with him!
Its never dull around the Snell home!
Friday, August 19, 2011
*its been a while!*
Posted by The Snells at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Yay for finding something that is going to work! I wish you the best of luck! :)
Post a Comment